This course designed for all those who are presently teaching exam preparation classes or who intend to teach such classes in the future. Even though many areas are similar to general English classes, exam preparation is a critical element that is more demanding on the teacher.
To qualify for the Certificate in Teaching IELTS students must complete the following:
MODE OF DELIVERY
- Five (5) units consisting of introduction to IELTS, lesson planning, teaching listening skill, teaching speaking skill, teaching reading
- comprehension skill, teaching academic writing skill
- Four (4) details lessons plan
- One (1) Classroom Presentation
Blended learning includes face-to-face lectures, classroom discussion, hands-on training activities and teaching practice.
MODE OF ASSESSMENT
Written Assignments and Practical Teachings.
In order for you to gain entry into the Certificate in Teaching IELTS, all trainees need to have a sound level of ability in written and spoken English.
One of the following examples of evidence of English proficiency must be provided prior to enrolment in the course:
- 5 GCE "O" Levels with a credit in English or equivalent,
- High School report results from year 12 level English,
- A result from an endorsed test of English proficiency (with an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent) If you are unable to provide evidence of English proficiency, please contact us to discuss what options are available. You may be asked to complete an entry test or participate in an interview over the phone or face to face.
Upon successful completion, participants will be awarded with a Certificate in Teaching IELTS Preparation.